EY zoekt Audit Manager
18 januari 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services,
we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help
build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes
in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make
things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here
a unique, lifetime experience.
Working at EY as an Audit Manager you will acquire the experience and
skill set necessary to become a leader of the future whilst delivering
high quality and efficient audits and projects. We offer you the
opportunity to get acquainted with a large variety of clients, most of
them are well established brands with an international reach.
EY has invested heavily in data analysis tools that support the auditors
in their day-to-day life. This reduces the level of manual testing and
allows us to carry out audits much more efficiently.
As an Audit Manager, your job will be to provide independent
verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By
doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses accurately
reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protect financial
Your client responsibilities:
- Execute the audit process effectively with appropriate consideration
of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters;
- Implement fieldwork on clients sites and liaise with other departments
to ensure the smooth delivery of the audit process;
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (BE GAAP, IFRS
and/or US GAAP) and in related financial reporting matters;
- Establish proficiency in using our EY Global Audit Methodology to
perform an assurance engagement in compliance with International
Standards of Auditing (ISA) and/or US PCAOB Auditing Standards;
Your people responsibilities:
- Coach other less experienced colleagues, provide them with on-the-job
training, develop their familiarity with our audit methodology and
review their work;
- Organize your team in such a way that processes, roles &
responsibilities are clear and work is efficiently and equally divided
- You will be made a dedicated ‘counselor’ of some less experienced
colleagues, which means you are responsible to discuss their career
development, learning plan and evaluations.
At EY, you have the possibility to participate to many other projects
you are interested in, such as:
- Recruitment activities: participate to job fairs & selection days,
become an internship mentor, etc;
- Learning activities: contribute to specific annual audit trainings,
onboarding of new joiners, soft skills trainings, etc.
- Data analytics: become part of our data analytics team at EY and
reduce the level of manual testing within audit;
- Innovation at EY: register for specific innovation projects at EY
while being guided by our colleagues of The Factory.
- You obtained a Master Degree in a relevant field and have 5+ years
external audit or accountancy experience;
- You have knowledge of Belgian & International accounting standards
(knowledge and experience in US GAAP is considered an asset, but is not
- Since you are client oriented, it is necessary to have excellent
communication skills: you write reports effortlessly, are not afraid to
call things into question and are able to give presentations
- You have an analytical mindset and understand how to verify, challenge
and interpret information used to create financial statements or other
- You are a team player and have great coaching skills;
- You have an interest in looking for innovative solutions and working
in an increasingly digital audit environment;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You will join a young, international, dynamic team, genuinely
passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well as on
soft skills and project management;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary,
net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: car and fuel card, smart
phone, health insurance, pension plan, etc.);
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support
you to build a successful career without sacrificing your personal
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals
of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your
expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge
the status quo.
Because Building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique,
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY.